In honor of World IPR Day, on April 28th from 9:00 – 13:00, members of AmCham’s IPR committee offered IP enforcement-related training to local police and market inspectors. The event helped raise the basic awareness of market inspectors and economic police to maintain attention on this area of their work, given that it is just one of many laws they help enforce.
Mr. Kiril Minoski, Director of the State Market Inspectorate and Biljana Janeva, President of AmCham’s IPR Committee and Microsoft’s OEM Anti-piracy Manager for Adriatic & South Balkan CEE addressed the audience.
After the official opening, the following topics were covered:
- “Increasing the effectiveness of our joint fight against counterfeits” with Ljupka Noveska, Karanovic & Nikolic;
- “IPR in the music industry” with Rodoljub Stojanovic, Director of RICoM Publishing/Universal Music Publishing licensee for Serbia, Montenegro, Macedonia, BiH;
- “Fighting Illicit Trade in Tobacco Products and IPRs at Philip Morris International” with Marko Mihalic, ITS&P Investigations Manager, Philip Morris International Philip Morris International;
- “Introduction to the challenges associated with online sales of counterfeits” with Eli Mufisovska, SNB React Balkans;
- Presentation on practical examples of counter fights and piracy with Marijana Lonchar Velkova, Macedonian Consumer Organization.
Several media reported on this gathering pointing out the importance of consistent IPR enforcement.
Category: EventsAdvocacy News