AmCham’s “Open a Door” program will continue connecting member companies with ambitious students from low income families this year. Our goal is to increase the number of internship opportunities offered these students, promote the value of internships in general and to highlight the important contribution our members are already making in this area. Please contact AmCham Macedonia if your organization is willing to accept at least one intern via our program this year.
We need the following details from interested companies:
- Internship type, intensity, duration:
- What, specifically, will the intern do (e.g., job shadowing, receive mentorship, attend company training, work on their own project, etc.)?
- Part-time or full-time?
- Time of year?
- Would you be willing to pay or offer cost compensation to interns (i.e., meals, transportation)? Please note that these costs pose a real barrier for low income students.
- Your minimum requirements for the intern, if any (e.g., minimum age, relevant areas of study, grade point average)?
- Could you offer internships in cities other than Skopje?
Last year, AmCham members made 23 internship offers to program participants and hosted interns in the following member companies:
- Procredit bank
- EVN Macedonia
- Wabtec MZT
- Roche Macedonia.
Please help us share the work with eligible students! The full internship program details and application is available here. To express your interest and/or ask a question, please contact the Executive Office at: 3214 716.