For a third consecutive year, Pivara Skopje, together with the other members of the Coca-Cola HBC Group, is ranked first in the world according to the achieved results and efforts for sustainability and environmental protection.
In the prestigious global ranking prepared by The Dow Jones Sustainability Indices – DJSI, Coca-Cola HBC Group won 90 points, 3 more than last year’s ranking and 40 points more than the average in the global beverage industry.
Through the implementation of specific projects and efforts which are part of the company’s culture and everyday operations, Pivara Skopje significantly contributed in achieving the high targets for sustainability and performance of Coca-Cola HBC in the area of sustainable development. Among the most significant in this group are the investments of:
- EUR 5.8 million in installations which enabled savings of 1.1 million cubic meters of water;
- EUR 4.3 million in several energy efficiency projects and activities that provide direct and indirect reduction of the carbon dioxide emissions in the atmosphere by 7.8% annually.
These high results of Pivara Skopje have been achieved through implementation of several projects, such as:
- Optimization of the use of thermal energy in the production of PET packaging;
- Improvement of heating systems in the production process by improving the efficiency of heat retention;
- Using solar energy for heating the technical and sanitary water;
- Independent automatically regulated system for heating of the working premises;
- Use of energy efficient light bulbs throughout the company; and systems for recycling the water used in the production process.
Pivara Skopje is the largest producer of beer and nonalcoholic beverages in the country and it is a joint venture of Coca-Cola HBC and Heineken.Category: Member News