FIDIC is the leading standard form of construction contract used in international projects and is the favoured form of major development banks such as the World Bank and European Bank for Reconstruction and Development.
In Skopje on 20.10.2016, Rob Wilkins & Charles Blamire-Brown, Pinsent Masons LLP – Associate members of FIDIC and official FIDIC advisors to the European International Contractors Association – will introduce participants to the FIDIC “Rainbow” Suite of Contracts and explain some of the key practical, legal and contractual issues arising under this form. This interactive workshop will highlight international best practices from a practical and legal perspective based on real life examples.
Who Should Attend?
- Lawyers, procurement professionals, project managers, strategic leadership of companies interested/involved in construction and engineering projects in Macedonia or abroad;
- Those who already work and are familiar with the FIDIC form of contract.
How will you benefit?
- Achieve an understanding of the underlying philosophy and allocation of risk in FIDIC contracts
- Learn how key issues of time and money are dealt with under the FIDIC contracts
- Gain an understanding of the key issues associated with the FIDIC forms of contract by reference to practical examples, through the interactive workshop
- Understand how claims are advanced and disputes resolved
- Learn about the proposed changes to the FIDIC contracts
- Have the chance to network and share experiences with fellow FIDIC users