On Wednesday, January 25 at the Holiday Inn, five AmCham member companies (Pakomak, Sparkasse Bank, Feni Industries, Roche, Seavus Incubator) shared insights on their award-winning CSR projects, recognized last November by the Corporate Social Responsibility National Coordinative Body. The event included presentations from:
- Iko Brdaroski, Pakomak – “ECO cafes & restaurants” project
- Todorka Sajkova, Sparkasse Bank – “Employee humanitarian activity” and “Social entrepreneurship award” projects
- Ufuk Apaydin & Natasha Brezovska Vuchkovska, Roche Macedonia – “Share the Light” Project
- Ana Andova, Feni Indisutries – “Developing environmental public awareness with transparent brochures” project
- Sofija Spirovska, Seavus Incubator
All speakers described their projects within a strategic CSR approach and emphasized their goal of contributing toward truly impactful, sustainable programs. Members of the audience were introduced to new challenges and project ideas and several offers of cooperation were made on the spot. Also, attendees showed interest in using AmCham as a platform to recruit partners and supporters of their future projects in order to make them more impactful.
“Encouraging member-to-member learning, promoting new project ideas, building long-term partnerships between like-minded colleagues, were just few of the goals we had in mind, since the last years’ establishment of this Best Practices sharing event. Of course, it’s nice to be recognized for your CSR efforts, but I believe that the people presenting today are motivated by something deeper – by a sincere desire to make a positive difference in their chosen field,” said Michelle Osmanli, AmCham Macedonia’s Executive Director.
The event attracted more than 30 participants member companies, NGOs and embassy representatives, which gave the event high marks.