Position: Policy and Communications Manager
Organization: American Chamber of Commerce Macedonia
Reports to: Executive Director
AmCham Macedonia is a business association whose mission is to strengthen the voice of international business in Macedonia and to promote a sustainable, predictable, and competitive business landscape through advocacy and events as well as sharing best practices. Our operations are funded by membership dues from over 100 successful companies that benefit from our events, advocacy initiatives, promotional opportunities, and publications.
The Policy and Communications Manager will be expected to:
• Manage external communications: research and draft policy position papers, draft press releases; correspond with government institutions; and manage AmCham’s communications channels (membership and events system, social media, website);
• Take the lead in the production of AmCham’s quarterly magazine;
• Work closely with the Executive Director to coordinate and manage the work of AmCham’s committees;
• Carry out ad hoc research projects;
• Work with other members of the team on event organization and management.
Roughly 40% of the Policy and Communications Manager’s time will be spent on policy/advocacy activities, 40% on communications and 20% on event-related activities.
Knowledge and Experience Required
– A university degree in Law, Marketing/Communications, Economics/Business, or other relevant field;
– Very high proficiency in both English and Macedonian (both written and spoken);
– At least 3 years of relevant work experience. Previous experience in PR, advocacy, and publishing highly desirable;
– Technology savvy.
Why work for AmCham?
– Competitive base salary (minimum MKD 40.000 monthly gross depending on experience) and performance-based bonuses, full benefits;
– Chance to interact with and learn from the most successful and dynamic businesspeople in Macedonia;
– Work in an international and respectful environment;
– Professional development and mentoring opportunities;
– Excellent location and working conditions;
– Predictable work hours.
The AmCham team is small, but dynamic and symbiotic, and an excellent team spirit, flexibility, and a can-do attitude is a must.
Other Key Personality Traits & Skills
– A versatile team player capable of handling diverse tasks and juggling competing priorities;
– Knowledge about and interest in the core work of the Chamber;
– Self-confident and member service oriented;
– Takes ownership of work (self-directed and self-motivated), but comfortable asking for assistance when necessary;
– Shows pride in work. Strives for a finished product of the highest quality.
Please apply in writing, by email to email@example.com, with your CV and a brief statement on why you are the perfect candidate for the position by Monday, April 23rd. Please use „Job Application – Policy and Communications Manager“ in the Subject line. Applications received past this date will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview.Category: Announcements