Duration: One year contract (Maternity Leave Replacement)
Organization: American Chamber of Commerce Macedonia
Reports to: Executive Director
AmCham Macedonia is a business association whose mission is to strengthen the voice of international business in Macedonia and to promote a sustainable, predictable, and competitive business landscape through advocacy and events as well as sharing best practices. Our operations are funded by membership dues from over 130 successful companies that benefit from our events, advocacy initiatives, promotional opportunities, and publications.
AmCham is looking for a talented, creative and highly motivated individual with experience in communications and policy with excellent communication skills in English to act as a replacement for a team member on maternity leave.
The Policy and Communications Manager will be expected to:
• Manage external communications: research and draft policy position papers, draft press releases; correspond with government institutions;
- Manage AmCham’s communications channels; Generate, edit, publish and share engaging content daily (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news) on all AmCham’s social media profiles;
- Monitor user engagement and web traffic metrics;
• Fully manage the production of AmCham’s quarterly magazine;
• Work closely with the Executive Director to coordinate and manage the work of AmCham’s committees;
• Carry out ad hoc research projects;
• Work with other members of the team on event organization and management.
Roughly 40% of the Policy and Communications Manager’s time will be spent on policy/advocacy activities, 40% on communications and 20% on event-related activities.
Knowledge and Experience Required
– A university degree in Law, Marketing/Communications, Economics/Business, or other relevant field;
– Very high proficiency in both English and Macedonian (both written and spoken);
– Hands on experience in content management
– Excellent copywriting and editing skills
– Ability to deliver creative content (text, image and video)
– Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios;
– Has lived/studied/worked in USA (or other English speaking country) for a minimum of one year;
– At least 3 years of relevant work experience. Previous experience in PR, advocacy, and publishing highly desirable.
Why work for AmCham?
– Competitive base salary and performance-based bonuses, full benefits;
– Chance to interact with and learn from the most successful and dynamic businesspeople in Macedonia;
– Work in an international and respectful environment;
– Professional development and mentoring opportunities;
– Excellent location and working conditions;
– Predictable work hours.
Other Key Personality Traits & Skills
– A versatile team player capable of handling diverse tasks and juggling competing priorities;
– Knowledge about and interest in the core work of the Chamber;
– Self-confident and member service oriented;
– Takes ownership of work (self-directed and self-motivated), but comfortable asking for assistance when necessary;
Please apply in writing, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with your CV and a brief statement on why you are the perfect candidate for the position by Wednesday, May 22nd. Please use „Job Application – Policy and Communications Manager“ in the subject line. Applications received past this date will not be taken into consideration. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview. Candidate must be available to start by mid-June the latest.Category: Announcements