Position: Executive Director
Organization: The American Chamber of Commerce in Macedonia (AmCham)
Reports to: Board of Directors
1. GENERAL DESCRIPTION
The American Chamber of Commerce in Macedonia (AmCham) is seeking a candidate to assume the role of Executive Director (ED) starting March 2020.
The ED reports to a volunteer Board of Directors and leads the implementation of the organization’s annual work plans and 3-year operational strategies in line with AmCham’s vision and mission. S/he liaises with relevant government authorities, international organizations and their relevant projects, and the diplomatic community in Skopje to increase their understanding of members’ challenges and reform priorities as well as strengths and successes. S/he works to continuously add value to membership and increase participation in the association’s events, communications and initiatives.
The minimum salary paid for this position is 120,000 MKD (gross) per month. The selected candidate’s final salary will be determined by the Board of Directors and based on their qualifications.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages the AmCham office and its staff on a daily basis.
- Organizes and supervises the activities of the office and staff.
- Manages the organization’s assets and financial resources, ensuring that accurate accounts are prepared by an external accounting company (appointed by the AmCham Board), and reports directly to the Board of Directors.
- Manages the overall cash flow of the organization.
- Tracks membership figures and information and reports this to the Board of Directors.
- In cooperation with the Finance Officer, prepares annual and monthly budgets on revenues and expenses and analyzes the planned vs. actual financials.
- Works closely with the Board of Directors:
- Communicates with the Board of Directors on a regular basis and provides information on the current and planned activities of the association.
- Coordinates and facilitates all Board meetings as a non-voting member and prepares meeting minutes.
- Requests and obtains required approvals from the Board, as defined in the by-laws or as determined by other decisions.
- Directs AmCham’s annual program
- Arranges and supervises all AmCham events, such as membership meetings, social occasions, conferences, workshops and seminars. Often serves as moderator or Master of Ceremonies.
- Develops content, identifies topics and themes and serves as the editor-in-chief for all AmCham publications and the website.
- Coordinates and manages the work of AmCham’s committees.
- Develops and maintains contacts within the American and Macedonian business and diplomatic community, local mass media, and the Macedonian government with the goal of conveying member priorities, challenges and stances on a variety of key issues.
- Promotes AmCham, looking for new members, while engaging as many existing members as possible.
- Represents the association, its priorities and stances at relevant external events to identify partners and collaborators and to recruit new members.
- Develops and maintains relationships with other AmChams (especially those in bordering countries).
- Implements other functions as required by the Board of Directors.
4. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
The candidate must:
- Be eligible for full legal employment in Macedonia;
- Speak and write English at a professional level;
- Be able to commit to at least two years in the position;
- Have a university degree in business, economics, public policy or related field; and
- Have had diverse work experience of at least 5 years managing teams or projects in business, non-profit organizations, public service, and/or international donor projects.
The following additional characteristics are highly preferred:
- Understand spoken and written Macedonian.
- Be familiar with Macedonia’s overall business environment.
- Have no family or business ties to a current member of the AmCham Board of Directors nor Executive Office.
- Have significant experience living, studying and/or working in the United States or with an American organization.
- Have experience:
- organizing high-profile events and press conferences;
- editing and developing content for social media and print publications;
- analyzing public policy and/or leading advocacy efforts; and
- leading, working for or with membership organizations, think tanks and/or Boards of Directors.
5. APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
Applicants should submit the following documents by 5:00pm on January 31, 2020, as email attachments to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: “ED job application”:
- Job Application Form
- current CV in English
Please use the email body as your cover letter summarizing your qualifications for this position in 150 words or less.
Please do not submit any additional attachments with your applicationCategory: Announcements